It was a blast. We camped, ate apples, picked apples, listened to music, looked at art (exquisitely beautiful, much too pricey), bought coffee, ate apple pie and apple cheesecake, and just enjoyed each other's company without the distraction of children.
We took the ferry over to Madeline Island. I had never been on a ferry
When we returned to the mainland, it was really starting to crowd up. There was a carnival going on also, and we debated whether to go on the ferris wheel or not. We decided not and sampled apple cider and apple mustard instead. (yes apple mustard! it's the best!) Towards the end of the day we visited about six different apple
The fall colors were beautiful, most of them were just starting to turn.
So all in all it was a very good weekend, very fun, very relaxing. One of the mornings when I woke up, I looked at the clock and it said 8:24. I have not slept in like that for a long time!!!
When we returned home, we later learned that there had been 60,000 people, a record for that festival!
No comments:
Post a Comment